The international Doctoral Training in Mathematical Sciences in Paris - MathInParis - Cofunded by Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions offers 40 PhD fellowships within the framework of the European Horizon 2020 program "Marie Sklodowska-Curie Co-funding of Regional, National and International Programmes".
This project has received funding from the European Uninion's Seventh Framework Programme for research, technological development and demonstration under grant agreement n°945332.
The main features of the program is to enhance the potential and future career perspective of young researchers by offering :
1- an extremely attractive place in FSMP network for international brilliant students planning to prepare a PhD in mathematics
2- a strengthened advising
3- a broadened support for career development
The laureates of the first call for application 2020-2021 are, in alphabetical order:
Adogbo Gnonnan Jean-Paul
De Gennaro Daniele
Landim de Souza Leão Thiago
Nguyen Thi Quynh Nga
Pham Ngo Thanh Dat
Zodji Sagbo Marcel
This program will support only PhD projects with an advisor that belongs to the FSMP network. More information can be found here.
Mobility rule : applicants may not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in France for more than 12 months in the three years immediatly before the deadline of the co-funded program's call. I.e. from February, 13th 2018 to February, 13th 2021.
Early-stage researchers : candidates must have a master's degree or an equivalent diploma at the time of their enrolment and must be in the first four years of their research careers. Moreover, they must not have been awarded a doctoral degree.
Calls for applications
MathInParis Doctoral programme granted 40 PhD projects spead over 2 calls in 2020-2021 and in 2021-2022.
The first call is now closed.
You can find a template for Step 1 documents here.
Selected fellows will start their PhD in September-October 2021.
Main steps of the selection process
- December 1st, 2020 : opening of the first call for 20 fellowships
- February 13th, 2021 : deadline for submitting application. Candidates have to provide : CV, motivation letter, recommendation letters, Master full grades certificate and/or diploma, a scientific document where they describe their own research interest, their ideas for PhD projects and links with FSMP network.
- March 1st, 2021 : a short list of around 60 selected candidates is produced.
- April 22nd, 2021 : deadline for the selected candidates to produce : detailed scientific project signed by the PhD potential advisor, potential advisors'documents (CV, list of recent publications, list of current PhD candidates under their supervision and an official letter of consent for advising the applicant), letter of consent form the director of the host laboratory and the director of the doctoral school in case the candidate is selected, ethic form completed (you can find a template here)
- May 3rd to May 7th, 2021 : Interviews by the MathInParis2020 scientific committee.
- Around May 10,th 2021 : final results